Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Culinary adventures and other delights

Friday
After watching a scene in Battlestar Galactica where Starbuck eats a steak with carrots, greens, and mashed potatoes I had an insatiable craving for steak. Kyle and I decided to make steak. The cut we got was no bueno! We were both disappointed.

Saturday
I was still craving steak, so we all went out to the Texas Roudhouse! When you get to the table they give you a basket of rolls (sweet and buttery!) served with cinnamon butter and a bucket of peanuts. The idea was to eat the peanuts and then dump the shells on the ground, which I did after some hesitation. My steak was super tasty, and just exactly what I wanted.

Sunday
Everywhere we went on Super Bowl Sunday had obstacles! First we decided to head down to the SAC where there was a Super Bowl party, but all they had was chips and queso: delicious, but not dinner. Next we tried Señor Villa, but it was closed for "renovation" *cough* health departnment *cough*. Dena's was closed as well. Our next stop was the Collective, but it was closed for a private party! By this time we were hungry and cranky and tired, as we had been walking all over in search of food. Finally we borrowed Kyle's car and headed over to the Pie Hole. DELICIOUS. We went home all the more satisfied for our wait.

Monday
I kind of forgot to eat dinner. Oops!

Tuesday
Took Mom to eat at Desi-Wok. I got the tikka platter with grilled veggies, as did she. It was just right! My mother, who likes maybe three restaurants in the whole world, was very impressed. Desi-Wok is just too good.

Wednesday
I made a sort of pork and beans (turkey smoked sausage in pinto, butter, and great northern beans) with baked sweet potato fries. Finished it off with Rachel's baked apples and a little spiked peppermint cocoa.

Now it's Wednesday night, which means Top Chef! I hope Stefan goes home (though I know he won't).

Tomorrow I will be pledging ΑΦΩ, the coed community service fraternity. I'm a little nervous about the whole "secret ritual" part, but I'm betting it will be a little tamer than other Greek orgs.

No comments:

Post a Comment