Thursday, February 26, 2009

A few thoughts from a half-feverish Rackles

  • I've always thought that the English language needs more grouping symbols. Lists would be much more understandable if we could use parentheses, brackets, and braces.
  • I really don't like the story in Moulin Rouge at all. I don't like the lead actress. I don't even like most of the music. I do like Ewan McGregor though. He's just too darn cute in every scene!
  • Mom was right. Taking a hot bath really does help you feel better when you're sick. Simon and Garfunkel help as well.
  • I could probably spend the rest of my life on a comfy couch watching Food Network programming.
  • Mom never wanted me to watch Gypsy when I was little because it was about a *gasp!* stripper! Now I want to see it, but they only have it on VHS at the library and I'm too embarrassed to ask where they keep them.
  • With regards to Mamma Mia!
    • I hope I can look half as good as Meryl Streep when I'm almost 60
    • I think this whole thing works much better as a film than it did as a stage production
    • The locals doing back-up singing and dancing are the best part of the film
  • There is a rumor on IMDB that Keira Knightley will be starring in a remake of My Fair Lady. I don't know if this is true, and I don't know if Keira can sing, but I want this to happen.
  • Top Chef ended exactly the way I predicted. I won't expand on this to avoid spoilers.
  • If it was possible to cough a lung up, I think I would have done it today.
As much as I like the idea of a personal blog that gets updated frequently, I just don't have much to say that is isn't whiny :/

1 comment:

  1. I put the Gypsy DVD on hold at the Tulsa library. should probably come Tuesday or Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete