Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hellacious week and last night's triple feature

Last week was NO FUN! I had a geometry midterm on Monday, computer architecture midterm on Tuesday, writing for the professions presentation on Wednesday, microeconomics midterm on Thursday, and fake research proposal due on Friday. Luckily for me that last one got postponed until after the break. Yay!

Last night the MAA put on a Pi Day event! I watched a presentation on pi, listened to a competitive pi recitation contest (winner got 17x digits!), got third place in a pie eating contest (someone succeeded in trying to make me laugh about half way through my piece of banana cream), and ate free non-pi(e)-related Mexican food.

I didn't particularly want to see Pi again (once is enough!), so we ran upstairs to watch other films:

Oklahoma!
  • I've seen this film about a trillion times. My companions commented on the fact that I could recite most of it.
  • Now that I'm older I can see that some of the jokes and major plot points are raunchy and/or macabre.
  • I wish someone would remake this film but filmed in Oklahoma, with all the original songs, and maybe with a shorter dream sequence.
Rachel Getting Married
  • This movie was unbelievably hard for me to watch. I cried throught the whole thing. I don't know if I could watch it again.
  • It's a very good film though, and I highly suggest it.
She's the Man
  • ...
  • I need to read The Twelfth Night before I pass judgment on this one.
Today I slept in until 2 p.m. It felt good, but now it's time for spring cleaning! I've started on my room (the laundry, which is the bulk of the mess, has to get done before I can finish) and the kitchen (I swept, scrubbed, and rinsed the floor and did a load of dishes; not much more to do there). Once I'm done with those rooms I'll clean up the living room, and then Matt and Rachel are going to start movie stuff over.

Now we're about to walk to the Pie Hole for some om nom-age. I love spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment